windows 2000 machines cant see samba

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Sun Nov 2 20:49:38 EST 2003

I just tried refreshing the window when in the 'my network places' but
that didn't work...tried directly contacting the machine still
nothing. though when I run nbtstat to see what names it has with the
-r it doesn't give any but says that 1 was resolved by the wins server
and 1 was resolved by broadcast.
I even took down my wins server but that didn't do anything either...