help with cvs speakup

Michael Curran mick at jantrid.net
Thu May 1 06:59:08 EDT 2003

Hi,
The kernel doesn't even boot at all, it just says "braille and speak found"
and thats it, no hard drive activity what so ever.
Even if I route kernel console to the serial port I get nothing at all...
Its been like this on all the computers I've tried it on and only with the
cvs speakup, as I say, speakup-1.5 works absolutly fine.

Perhaps it could be that I'm using gcc-3.2?
Oh... I must also say (and perhaps this is why)  when I make my kernel with
speakup patched in (and I think this is only with cvs)  I get an error like
"cc: command not found" ... I fix this by doing ln -sf /usr/bin/gcc-3.2
/usr/bin/cc.
Is this the write thing to do?
It makes with  no errors...
(sorry, I completely forgot about that).

Mick