help with cvs speakup

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Thu May 1 06:27:15 EDT 2003

Hey Mick, it looks as though you are doing everything correctly.
Obviously that's no incouragement if it isn't working.  If you have the
drivers built-in with 'y' in the configuration are you still passing
the speakup_synth kernel command line option?  If so, do it without
out the switch.  I suspect you are already doing it without the switch
but want to be pedantic.  I use the DoubleTalk pc as you know and it
comes up chattering just like it always did.  The kernel is booting
right?  After it says Doubletalk found or whatever it does go on and
boot to a login prompt?  If so, and you can ssh into the box and look
at the dmesg output to see what's up.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061