dead box

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sun Mar 30 20:36:58 EST 2003

Scott, the fact that your bios isn't generating error messages could be either the board or cpu.

When you power up, does a monitor attached to the video card come alive at all? I don't necessarily mean that it displays something, does it just get activated?

If the monitor activates, then the cpu is most likely still good.
If the monitor doesn't activate, and you get no beeps from the bios, then it could be the board or cpu.

Greg
P.S. I've seen boards go before the way you describe (I.E. problems during boot progressing to no boot up at all).