Festival Module for Speakup

Jacob Schmude jacobs at surferie.net
Tue Mar 25 05:02:39 EST 2003

Hi
OK, just two questions:
1. Was this developed using speakup 1.00 stable or the CVS releases? I'm
hoping the CVS release, as I use kernel 2.4.20 and really want to try this
thing out as I'm not sure how much longer my HW synth's going to last.
2. What, exactly, is the festival daemon? I've got festival installed here,
but I don't see any sort of daemon, just the main program, as well as a
client program. Is the daemon the festival server (what you get when you
launch festival with the --server option)?

Regards
Jacob