Hello & a question

Marshall F. Scott scott at cvrti.utah.edu
Thu Mar 6 22:18:22 EST 2003

Hello List,
I just joined the list and thought 'd introduce myself.  I'm a programmer
working at a cardiology research center at the University of Utah.  We
mostly use Macs, but I also use JAWS under Windows 98.  Since the
underpinnings of MAC OS X is Linux,  I thought I'd try installing a PC
version and see if I can get a headstart on the learning curve for OS X.

I currently have EMACSSpeak running under Red Hat 8.0 on a  1.4 mHtz machine
with 256 Mb of RAM and 20 Gb devoted to Linux.  I would now like to install
Speakup.  Yes, I now realize this is kind of backwards, but we live and
learn.