sendmail authentication: correction

Steven M. Sawczyn Steve at Sawczyn.com
Tue Jun 24 15:49:48 EDT 2003

Actually, I appreciate the link you did send as I'm trying to configure
my server to allow authenticated relaying.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: speakup-admin at braille.uwo.ca
[mailto:speakup-admin at braille.uwo.ca] On Behalf Of Chuck Hallenbeck
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2003 9:57 AM
To: Speakup Distribution List
Subject: sendmail authentication: correction

The other day I posted a link I thought might help me figure out
how to send my mail to an email service that requires an
authenticated smtp connection. It turns out the link I sent was
not helpful. It was aimed at configuring sendmail so that it
required an authenticating client, and what I needed was to
configure my own sendmail as such an authenticating client to
another smtp server that required one.

If that is confusing, imagine how I feel about it! <smile>

Anyway forget about http://www.jonfullmer.com/smtpauth/
unless you want to configure your own sendmail so that it
requires authentication of originating senders.

Chuck

So visit me sometime at http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh
My public key is also posted there.