interesting observation about kernel 2.4.21

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Mon Jun 23 06:04:46 EDT 2003

It is interesting that the synth device has been incorporated into
miscdev.h.  I do not believe it is any indication that anyone is
currently considering speakup for inclusion into the standard kernel.
Maybe some day though.

The current cvs for speakup 2.4.21 can now be loaded and unloaded as a
module.  You still need kernel patches but it seems to work pretty
well so far.  I am currently working on the 2.5.x version.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061