interesting observation about kernel 2.4.21

Thomas Stivers stivers_t at tomass.dyndns.org
Mon Jun 23 06:25:20 EDT 2003

On 06/23/03  6:04 AM -0400, Kirk Reiser wrote:
> The current cvs for speakup 2.4.21 can now be loaded and unloaded as a
> module.  You still need kernel patches but it seems to work pretty
> well so far.  I am currently working on the 2.5.x version.

I have gotten it to load as a module just fine, but when I try to unload either speakup_ltlk or speakupmain it says that the device is busy.

Also when the modules are loaded insmod complains about them being
tainted. The speakupmain module doesn't have this trouble, but you may
want to add a mod_license("GPL"); line to mod_code.c and
speakup_keyhelp.c. I can send over a diff for these that also adds
module descriptions and authors.
>--
Unix is a user friendly operating system. It just picks its friends more
carefully than others.
Thomas Stivers	e-mail: stivers_t at tomass.dyndns.org	gpg: 45CBBABD