problems installing

Hugh Esco hesco at greens.org
Wed Jul 30 13:17:55 EDT 2003

If that RedHat image is the new RH9, I would say that it is likely that 1gb
is not nearly enough.  Seems like I easily used 2.5 gb of my 4 gb laptop
drive on an RH9 install two months ago, adding only a few packages to the
standard mix.  It is certainly possible to put a linux kernel, particularly
an older one on a disk as small as 6 or 800 mb's, I think.  But I'd guess
that an autopartitioning script for a newer RedHat install disk would look
for at least twice the space you offered it.  Just guessing.

-- Hugh