problems installing

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Wed Jul 30 13:33:30 EDT 2003

Redhat is pretty large simply because it includes so much software
standard.  If I were going to use a 1GB hard drive, I'd either install a
*very* stripped down Slackware or Debian.  In fact, although I am a
Slackware user, I'd say Debian is your best choice for a very tight space
since it tends to install very little by default.  Any of those versions
of Linux can be put in a small space, but with Redhat or Slackware, you
would have to do a lot manually.  Gee, I remember when the 1GB hard drives
first came out.  I actually said out loud "who will ever need all that
space?"