text/html email question

Thomas Stivers stivers_t at tomass.dyndns.org
Wed Jul 30 12:37:13 EDT 2003

On 07/29/03 11:22 PM -0700, Steve Holmes wrote:
> I must have my .mailcap messed up or something.  It works fine with my
> suggestion to work.  I keep getting a message saying that the mailcap
> entry cannot be found.  Does mutt expect its mailcap entries somewhere else?

In my .mailcap I have the following:
text/html; html2text '%s'; copiousoutput

It should also work with lynx (the cat) with the -dump and -force-html
options. I prefer html2text because I don't want the bracketed numbers
throughout email. I am not certain that for this purpose copiousoutput
is necessary, but it works here. Good luck.
--
Unix is a user friendly operating system. It just picks its friends more
carefully than others.