more mutt stuff

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Jan 2 12:55:43 EST 2003

Here's a brief excerpt from my current Mutt index screen. Sorry, the
editor is wrapping the lines though they're not wrapped on the index
screen itself:

   r    154 Telephony Voice User Interface Conference (  49) Jim Tobias
fmt
        155
*> ( 104) Jim Tobias fmt
        156 Mastering 88 Keys Con (Digital) Brio ( 193) Paula
Tucker fmt

Notice that this isn't the default index screen. I wanted status,
message number, then subject, in that order. So, I have the following in
my .muttrc:

set index_format = "%Z %4C %s %?M?(#%03M)&(%4l)? %F %{fmt}"

The blank subject part of #155 indicates that it's in the thread with
154. This is behavior you can change, though I don't recall how just
now.

Certainly, you can set mutt to not thread, which would probably do it
right there.

PS: My %[fmt] is clearly wrong. Guess I should fix it! <grin>