Music Videos-and-other things?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Dec 31 11:03:07 EST 2003

You can just use Lynx as a file browser, but make sure that you've
enabled at least the -show-cursor switch, and possibly "links and form
fields are numbered," both available in the lynx configuration screen.

If you don't want to see all the permissions, dates, etc., associated
with files, you can configure lynx to not display that as well, but you
will not configure that via the lynx configuration menus. Rather, if
you're going to change this, you'll have to edit a lynx.cfg file.

As for your audio playing too fast--let me cut to the chase. Did you
install ALSA? You really should and there are rpms you can use on the
Speakup Modified pages.

Hart Larry writes:
> From: Hart Larry <chime at cts.com>
>
> Last evening, we just installed Fedora.  Now when I play any of my .mpg music
> videos, they play fast, almost like playing a 45rpm on 50.
> Next, some months ago it was suggested that I try Midnight Commander as a file
> browser.  Well, yes, it is wonderful just mashing enter on almost any kind of
> sound file--and having it play.  However, we cannot really get either mc or
> speakup to read the list correctly.  If cursoring is on in speakup, it only
> reads the directory name at the top.  If we switch off cursoring, it almost
> acts like reverse video, where it will read 2 song titles.
> Pilot has a good display, however, it will not play files with spaces--and you
> must type in a command, not just hit enter.
> Any other suggestions on other accessable file browsers, or ways to make mc
> work correctly?
> When we did google searches, we came up with orpheus, however, it doesn't work
> either.
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
> O, I am running a dec-talk pc
> Hart

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group