Music Videos-and-other things?

Hart Larry chime at cts.com
Wed Dec 31 10:36:38 EST 2003

Last evening, we just installed Fedora.  Now when I play any of my .mpg music
videos, they play fast, almost like playing a 45rpm on 50.
Next, some months ago it was suggested that I try Midnight Commander as a file
browser.  Well, yes, it is wonderful just mashing enter on almost any kind of
sound file--and having it play.  However, we cannot really get either mc or
speakup to read the list correctly.  If cursoring is on in speakup, it only
reads the directory name at the top.  If we switch off cursoring, it almost
acts like reverse video, where it will read 2 song titles.
Pilot has a good display, however, it will not play files with spaces--and you
must type in a command, not just hit enter.
Any other suggestions on other accessable file browsers, or ways to make mc
work correctly?
When we did google searches, we came up with orpheus, however, it doesn't work
either.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
O, I am running a dec-talk pc
Hart