figured out tftpboot

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Fri Aug 15 02:25:47 EDT 2003

Hi all.

Ok, it looks like the tftpboot directory needs 777 permissions, since
nothing lower works. Since it theoretically shouldn't be accessible to
anyone from the outside, that's not a too big of a deal I guess.

Also, from looking at the portmap and in.tftpd man pages, it looks
like I'm save as long as my hosts.deny and hosts.allow are set up
correctly, which they are. Also, I'm thinking endoshield blocks
automatically whatever I don't explicitly open.

If anyone has any other comments, please share.

Greg