a distro designed for booting over the network

Guy Abandon. text.tools at virgin.net
Wed Aug 13 17:05:30 EDT 2003

Ok, my favourite method, though it involves another HD again, is to
slap another one in tandem.  I have this thing about dual HD computers
and have had them since my 386 and am working through a couple of 486,
despite all the windows machines being in the fairly modern or normal
range.  The SW9 rig seems happy with its 30Gb drive, though it is also
a 400Mhz P3 processor would that be, or still a P2, of around 1999
vintage.

My train of thought being that rebuilding on another HD and for
security, I've been known to take the original one out.  Put it back
when things are working and you should be able to mount it under Linux
in the same way that one can get at it when reintroduced to the other
os.  I do this kind of rebuild when it is critical to keep data.

We just done a W98se in this way too and recovered everything....
so there's another 20Gb drive spare there too though I doubt they're
gonna part with it.

GA!

Sorry!....    hearing of all these spares is probably making you sick.