daisy reader for gnu/linux, listen-up!

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Mon Aug 11 15:11:07 EDT 2003

Over the last week or so there has been a lot of discussion on this
list about the lack of a daisy reader for gnu/linux.  We just checked
in to cvs our alpha version of listen-up.  Listen-up is a text based
daisy compliant program which will allow playing of audio or text
daisy format books.  It currently only works on daisy 2.x but should
also work on daisy 3.x whenever test materials become available we'll
find out.

Remember this is alpha level software which means if it breaks you get
to keep all the pieces not just some of them.  We would really
appreciate hearing about bugs, problems and success stories.

If you are interested in listen-up's progress and being heard by the
main author Jing Hao Zhang you should probably subscribe to the cvs
mailing list if you are not already.

  Kirk