speakup and festival

Owen Patrick Smith ender3rd at WPI.EDU
Tue Apr 29 15:57:47 EDT 2003

Well the device doesn't seem to have been opened.  Did you run
$ mknod -c /dev/usrdev c 252 0
before running middleware?  also did you run any commands after starting
middleware.  We don't currently store any data until someone opens the
device so if you just run middleware it shouldnt say anything until the
next command is typed.

Owen