speakup and festival

SergeyFleytin fleytin at mail.ru
Tue Apr 29 07:56:53 EDT 2003

Hi! Thanks for your Help. I tried `festval --server &' and after that
`middleware'. These commands run successfully without any error
messages but speakup did not speak. So i wonder if i missed something?
Shall i give any command to kernel at startup? To help those who will
be so kind to assist me in solving my problem i include in this
message the output of `dmesg' concerning speakup and usrdev:

usrdev: probe() creating Speakup userland device
usrdev: char_create_init().
Speakup usrdev: Registered as char device major #0
Speakup usrdev: Minor number is 0
Speakup v-1.5: initialized

speakup:  initialized device: /dev/synth, node (MAJOR 10, MINOR 25)

It seems to me that evrything is OK but i can be mistaken.
Thanks in advance,

Sergey.

OPS> You can either use festival --server & or
OPS> /path/to/festival/src/scripts/festival_server.sh which acts as
OPS> the first but also does some configuration of the server that may
OPS> be usrful.  I personally reccommend the shell script but people
OPS> have reported success with both.

OPS> HtH

OPS> Owen

OPS> On 28 Apr 2003, SergeyFleytin wrote:

>> Hi, folks! Greetings from Russia! I am new to this list and yew to
>> linux. Yesterday i downloaded and installed speakup with patches
>> for using it with festival. I patched both speakup and kernel
>> successfully and it seemed that everything is correct. But i don't
>> know, which command i should use to start festival to work as a
>> demon for the speakup. Any advice on this subject will be highly
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Sergey Fleytin

С уважением,