speakup news

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Tue Apr 15 07:44:45 EDT 2003

I think Chuck is basically correct about the history thing.  The web
pages although important for new comers are not all that useful for
experienced speakup geeks.  Another problem is personnel so to speak.
We have many many more projects than volunteers.  We have offered up
the web maintainance project to many folks over the years all of whom
have started out gung-ho only to taper off after a little time.  I can
only cover so much area and truthfully, I'd much rather code than edit
web pages so they have to do.  Now saying that I don't think they are
really all that bad and some portions get maintained by Janina and are
really pretty good.

Okay, here comes the hook line.  Wait for it!  Do I hear you
volunteering to take it under your belt and treat them poor ol' web
pages the way they deserve to be treated?  Cause if I
don't... well... just shut up then. 'grin'

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061