why two disable speakup keys?

Lorenzo Prince lorenzo at princenet.sytes.net
Thu Apr 10 15:59:35 EDT 2003

The "you turned me off" function stops Speakup from speaking, but still
allous you to use the review keys to read the screen.  The "You killed
speakup!" function turns Speakup completely off, so that the review keys
cannot be used to read the screen.  However, neither function will cause
the keypad to work as normal, i.e. as if Speakup was not in the kernel.

Lorenzo

E Pluribus Unix

Christopher Moore staggered into view and mumbled: