why two disable speakup keys?

Kenny Hitt kennyhitt at knology.net
Thu Apr 10 16:27:52 EDT 2003

Hi.  When you hear speakup say "you turned me off" that means it won't
automatically read the screen.  Review keys still work but new text sent
to the screen won't be automatically spoken.  I turn off speakup when
I'm doing a file download so I can watch the download without speakup
constantly talking.

When you kill speakup, you don't have review keys either.  I kill
speakup before I start X so speakup won't fight with the X screen
reader.  Killing speakup is also good if someone sighted needs to use a
text console.

The two keys do different things so they are both needed.

          Kenny