why two disable speakup keys?

Christopher Moore christopher.h.moore at verizon.net
Thu Apr 10 15:32:40 EDT 2003

Hello,
What is the difference between "you killed speakup" <prt-scrn" and "you
turned me off" <ins-enter>.  I think the latter was one of the original key
bindings and the <prt-scrn> binding was added later.

My question is whether one key to temporarily kill speakup in a terminal
session is enough.  I'm not familiar with the differences in how the two
keys operate, but perhaps the group could come to a concensus on this.  To
me, it is a needless point of confusion for a package whichh generally
works quite well.

Also, when speakup is "unkilled" it would be helpful to reset the speech
parameters to the current values in /proc/speakup (such as rate).

Chris
--
The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (59% of Full)