smooth progress but still some problems

Kenny Hitt kennyhitt at knology.net
Thu Apr 10 08:33:01 EDT 2003

Hi.  The file it's complaining about is part of dhcp-client.  I just
checked my Woody system.  the file exists on my system, but it was created on
Jan 4.  I can't remember whether It was created because I used dhcp when
I first booted the system, or it was created when I stopped using dhcp
after boot.  Hopefully, someone who knows more will jump in and tell us.

What happens if you type

dhclient eth0

Worning! that example assumes your nic is eth0.  If it isn't substitute
the corect value.  If dhclient still exists, you shouldn't need to
re-install anything.

          Kenny