can't start apache after upgrading

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Sat Apr 5 17:02:51 EST 2003

The newer Appache was compiled with gcc 3.2 and newer libraries.  I would
suspect that you'd have to fully upgrade your libraries and compiler to
get many Slackware 9 packages to run in Slackware 8.1.  You may as well
upgrade the whole thing in that case.  On the other hand, I found that
most of my binaries from Slackware 8.1 and even 8.0 still run in Slackware
9.0.  There have been a few exceptions to this.  IMHO, if you are planning
to upgrade a program, but do not wish to upgrade the OS, compile from
source.