crond with slackware 9.0 question

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sat Apr 5 23:08:35 EST 2003

Hi all.

Ok, after upgrading a whole bunch of packages, I think I've got everything pretty much under control finally.

One thing I don't get is the crond with slackware 9.0.
I know it is similar if not the same to the one in slackware 8.1, but I never bothered with that one.

I know the crond in older versions of slackware just had crontabs per user in /var/spool/cron.

However, this one seems to have directories like cron.hourly, cron.daily and so on in /etc.
I find these to be too general for my needs, so I'd like to go back to running crond the way it ran before.

Since it doesn't seem to be executing my single crontab file as it did before, can someone please tell me how to go back to that behavior?

Thanks in advance.

Greg