reflector

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Sat Sep 7 14:28:40 EDT 2002

Hi all. I am once again attempting to set up Speak Freely on my Debian
Woody box using Alsa 0.9.0rc1. I got the mic working properly and the
levels are set, however, sfmike doesn't seem to be capturing audio from
the mic input, even though it is set to capture and the level is as high
is it can go without clipping. However, if I get sfmike to transmit an au
file across the connection to the sfspeaker host, I can hear it fine.
Note: the sfspeaker side of the connection is my laptop running Speak
Freely 7.2. I am trying to set up Speak Freely 7.5 (linux version). I have
tried other versions such as 7.2, and 7.1 without success in getting
sfmike to transmit audio from the mic. And in looking through the
archives, apparently it is possible to use Speak Freely with Alsa. Can
anyone enlighten me on how to get sfmike to capture mic input? I tried
various CCFLAGS combinations using -DLINUX_DSP_SMALL_BUFFER,
-DLINUX_DIN_AUDIO_DEV, -DHALF_DUPLEX, however I never disabled
-DAUDIOBLOCKING. I might try this next. I have looked at all the various
manpages, and the various docs available on speakfreely.org and still I
haven't been able to come up with an answer. Has anyone been able to use
Speak Freely with alsa-0.9.0rc1? If so, I would be interested in how you
got it working. I would really like to get on the reflector with my box bc
I'm sick of relying on the winblows version! Thanks in advance for any
help on this.

microsoft dialogue
   This company has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
   If the problem persists, delete winblows and install linux
   close button