mailbox question

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Thu Oct 24 15:00:25 EDT 2002

Hi guys.  I have a lot of messages from pmmail 2000 style which I would
like to use from mutt since that is the primary source of my mail
management.

The deal is that pmmail stores each message one file per message with
.msg extention.  What I did was wrote a loop script that cats the .msg
files into one large mailbox file.  Example:

for msg in `ls *.MSG` ;do
cat $msg >> mailbox-temp
done

Now I have mailbox-temp which I converted to Unix since it was in dos
format.

When I try to open this from mutt it gives me an error that the mailbox
is invalid.  I looked at the mailbox itself and I notice that each new
message in mutt starts with the from line and the headers follow.

With the one I created each one starts with Received:  from
I'm assuming that the correct format is to have the from be the first
line so that it's a standard mailbox.

I'm trying to use vi to search for a blank line then the word Received:
in the body to replace it with the blank line and not the word received
so the first part of a new message starts with from as in the working
mailboxes I have.

The keys I pressed to try and get it to do this are:

esc : s/^$^V^MReceived:

but it's not working.  The control-v is so that i can just hit another
sequence and the actual control code is put there.  Any suggestions on
how I can get rid of the word Received:  but only when it's the firs
word after a blank line?

--
Ever wonder if alternate worlds exist besides our own?  Join the