mailbox question

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Thu Oct 24 17:53:46 EDT 2002

I figured it out.  I made a directory called scratch where I put the
main account directories, raul.act, asmodean.act, etc.  Each of these
.act directories has subdirectories for each folder, like inbox.fld,
sent0.fld, trash.fld, etc.  And under each of these subdirectories is
the list of messages all ending in .MSG along with some folder settings,
etc.

So the script below starts off at the root scratch dir and goes into
each directory doing it's magic.

#!/bin/sh

for ACCOUNT in home andy raul0 raul1 shannon ;do
cd $ACCOUNT

for FOLDER in `ls -d *.FLD` ;do
MBOXNAME=`echo "$FOLDER" |cut -d. -f1 |tr '[A-Z]' '[a-z]'`
cd $FOLDER

for msg in `ls *.MSG` ;do
echo "From import-from-pmmail at asmodean.net Thu Oct 24 00:00:00 CDT 2002" > temp-msg
cat $msg |sed 's/.$//' >> temp-msg
cat temp-msg >> $HOME/pink/$MBOXNAME-$ACCOUNT
rm temp-msg
done

cd ../
done