Items fly by

Thomas Stivers stivers_t at ev1.net
Sun Oct 20 20:48:10 EDT 2002

Pipe commands that scroll through more or less. for example on my system
this produces miles of output all in pages.
slocate *.mp3 |less
Thats the secret of *nix, many small utility programs, not setting
scrolling settings and the like in each program. Oh yeah slocate is
basically the same as locate.