system requirements for red hat 8.0

Jared jared-stofflett at twmi.rr.com
Sun Oct 6 12:50:29 EDT 2002

Hello I have a seller on 501 megahertz processor in a computer that has
about 11 gigs free on a hard drive currently assigned to no partition. This
computer has 256 megs of ram and an integrated video card that uses 8 megs
of ram off the computer its self. I downloaded the Official Red Hat Linux
x86 Installation Guide but when I looked through it all I got was the hard
drive requirements and the fact that you had to boot off a cd or disk. I
also got a link to the compatible hardware list but looking through this
list or searching red hat sight didn't give me the amount of ram or
processor speed I need. If you guys could tell me if my computer will run
red hat in consol and x-windows I'd appreciate it. Also I'd like to know
what the minimum system requirements are since I may have the opportunity to
by some older 200/300 megahertz machines and this way could run it with out
having to duel boot. Appreciate and info.