system requirements for red hat 8.0

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Sun Oct 6 13:24:31 EDT 2002

Uhh. If you can't get GNU/Linux running on that...I'll eat my
hat. Which I won't have to do...I like my hat...No problem with that
hardware.

200/300MHz processors are plenty fast enough. You can get a GNU/Linux
system on a 386...but...any ol' Pentium will do nicely. 32MB is nice,
64MB is nicer, and depending on how creative you wanna be, you can get
a system into a fairly small space...but any system with a P2 or P3
likely has at least a couple gig HDD...plenty of room. I believe
official spec still says at least a 386, at least 8MB RAM (may require
16MB these day)...drive space is pretty variable depending on what you
want. Still, with the hardware you propose, you ought not have any
problems.

BTW, don't knock those "old" systems. ... Both desktops here are "old"
(a P2/450...or is it a P3/450? Anyway) and a AMD K6-2/350. Laptop is
the newest and fastest machine I own...I actually also have a P133 I
want to put GNU/Linux on, but not sure about the four-disc changer I
have in it.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV/3   | "And if the ground yawned,
Phone: (814) 455-7333     | I'd step to the side and say,