Network card problems

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Sat Oct 5 21:47:49 EDT 2002

Hi:

OK, I'll assume you're giving the correct netmask and gateway addresses.
Are there routing rules being set up?  Type route and you should see
something like this:

Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
localnet        *               255.255.0.0     U     0      0        0 eth0

If you're wanting to reach the net through this card, you'll also need a
default route.

If this is all OK, what happens if you ping your router?  do you get an
error message or does it just hang?  If it hangs, it's probably something
like cabling or something.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang at uq.net.au>
ICQ number 43634701

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html