big sigh and many questions.

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Fri Oct 4 05:23:31 EDT 2002

No t his is not the correct way to do this but it wi ll work.
When you use the usepeerdns option to pppd; it stashes the
dns server information in /etc/ppp/resolv.conf.
the scripts called as part of /etc/ppp/ip-up should copy this into a place
where the resolver can see them for example:
cp /etc/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf.org
cp /etc/ppp/resolv.conf /etc

and then in the /etc/ppp/ip-down set of scripts:
cp /etc/resolv.conf.org /etc/resolv.conf

Debian sources all scripts in t he /etc/ppp/ip-up.d directory as
part of /etc/ppp/ip-up script and t he same for
/etc/ppp/ip-down.d scripts.
this may help yo u figure out th e "right" thing to do wit h redhat.

Regards, Kerry.

--
Kerry Hoath:  kerry at gotss.net kerry at gotss.eu.org or  kerry at gotss.spice.net.au
ICQ: 8226547 msn: kerry at gotss.net Yahoo: kerryhoath at yahoo.com.au