big sigh and many questions.

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Fri Oct 4 05:06:36 EDT 2002

Hi Bill:

This thing of PPP generating a resolv.conf is done so that you can make use
of DNS server addresses that are supplied by the peer when you connect.  I
think the idea is that you have a script back up your existing resolver
when you shift the new one into place, and do the reverse when the link
goes down.  It's awhile since I looked at it since I'm now using cable, but
I'm pretty sure that's what Debian now does.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang at uq.net.au>
ICQ number 43634701

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html