big sigh and many questions.

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-777-8123 wacker at octothorp.org
Fri Oct 4 01:14:19 EDT 2002

Hi,

     Funny this should come up on the list. Jerry and I just discovered
yesterday that PPP puts a copy of resolv.conf in the /etc/ppp directory.
I don't know for sure if this is the correct way to fix this, but it'll
work.  Just copy the resolv.conf that ppp made when you last connected to
your ISP to where the resolver expects it to be.  As root, do: "cp
/etc/ppp/resolv.conf /etc", without the quotes, of course.  You'll be
prompted to confirm the replacement of /etc/resolv.conf. Say y.  The next
time you connect, you should be fine.

          HTH.
--
          Bill in Denver