big sigh and many questions.

Edward L. Barnes ebarnes at enigma2.cjb.net
Sat Oct 12 10:54:11 EDT 2002

Hi there Anna.
Well, the names of the domain servers your isp  would like you to use to
resolve domains with your ppp account go in a file called: resolv.conf
As I believe it was Adam who already pointed out to you the output you
mentioned in regard to kickstart orwhatever it was called are only
samples for you to use as a guide.
Also, the server for your email doesn't go anywhere in your resolv.conf
file but rather that would go in your .fetchmailrc file instead.
At the end of this message I have included my own resolv.conf file as a
sample in the hope that it will be helpful, from what I know of your
situation yours would need to look similar though I'm surprised that
dhcp hasn't created it for you.
I also did a whois lookup on drizzle.com for ya and got the names and
ips for their name servers.
The info is as follows:
Domain servers in listed order.
giantsquid.drizzle.com 216.162.192.12
acresofclams.drizzle.com 216.162.192.4
Lastly, here's my resolv.conf file so you can see its format]
domain sympaticowarp.ca
nameserver 142.163.127.61
nameserver 209.128.1.4
search sympaticowarp.ca
Good luck and hth, furhter, might I suggest you take a look at speak
freely and try to get that up and running at some point as I am sure you'd
find the reflector to also be a cool place to hang out and possibly
obtain assistance, though you probably already know this its address is:
lwl.braille.uwo.ca:4074
Ed Barnes ebarnes at enigma2.cjb.net