accent and speakup

Kenny Hitt kennyhitt at knology.net
Sat Nov 23 08:50:48 EST 2002

Hi.  Here is what I do when I remove my accent SA.
While the synth is still turned off but connected, I do several speakup
review commands.  Example: read line read previous line read line read
next line.  Then turn on the accent.  Press insert enter.  You should
hear the synth say "accentSA restarted ".
Your rate will be back at the default, but your synth will
respond as normal.  All I have to do is
type "rate d" from a shell to set my rate back to d.  Rate is just a
shell script I wrote that just does
echo $1 >/proc/speakup/rate.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny