accent and speakup

Scott Howell showell at lrxms.net
Fri Nov 22 22:47:24 EST 2002

Ok, I know I already asked this question, but here it is a little
differently.
I am using the internal Accent pc as an external. What I am wondering is
how to keep from having a rather lengthy delay in speech after a key
press if I turn the synth off and then back on.
This happens regardless if I "kill" SPeakup with the kill key or just
use insert enter key to turn it off. I have to reboot the box in order
to get the synth to respond normally.
I want to do this so I can take the synth to other boxes etc.
Is there a reason this happens with the Accent, but not my Doubletalk
external? Is there some way of dealing with this? pressing keys on the
keyboard before turning the speech back on has no affect.

tia
Scott