Gnopernicus with Festival

Erik Heil eheil at rcn.com
Mon Nov 11 18:36:14 EST 2002

Yes, that could pose a problem, I think.  What needs to be done is a way to
either disable or catch the system calls made to the Speakup screen review
package.  But their are a myriad of ways one could acaccomplish this.  One
would expect that when Speakup is in the "off" context, it would also
relinquish control of the numeric keypad to the rest of the OS.  The serial
port is another issue, but its not important here, so I won't bring it up.