Load time is rediculous

Ann Parsons akp at eznet.net
Wed Nov 6 14:20:48 EST 2002

Hi all,

Chuck is right.  It would be helpful to know how you shut down your
computer.  If you are just turning off the power, no wonder you're
having troubles.  Here's the drill.  Follow it for best results.

1.  log in as root or SU.

2.  Type:  shutdown -h now

3.  Wait till Speakup tells you "power down".

4.  Then, and only then turn off the power.

I think you can find documentation by looking at the man page for
shutdown.   <smile>  Yep, yepper, I just checked, it's most complete.
have fun!

Ann P.

--
			Ann K. Parsons