My ide1 is back!!!

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Tue May 28 16:36:07 EDT 2002

Yep, I still have a problem.
It happened again, as I was going into dosemu.
So I guess this will have to be looked at after all.
Just called my computer person. I suspect it's either the cdrom (hdd) or
something with the ide itself, as hdc functions in other environments
(zipspeak, DOS, using a debian rescue disk), also still opens and closes and
makes sounds like it's loading when I boot.
the person working on my computer wants to know whether DMA is being used or
trying to be used and wants me to try not using it; this would be in my kernel
compile, wouldn't it?
Thanks.