interesting experiment.

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Thu May 23 12:01:08 EDT 2002

On Thu, 23 May 2002, Kerry Hoath wrote:

> I am asking all people who continue the "Why Windows" "Interesting experiment"
> and similar threads to start trimming down their mails to the list...

Amen to that, I have to hold -c-k in pico for about 10 secs to get rid of
some extraneous stuff

<snip>

> If this  trend continues I will be forced to unsubscribe from
speakup
> purely due to the raw volume of quoted text that has appeared on
> this list in the last 2 weeks.

No, don't do that!  You have a lot of useful and insightful things to say,
I rarely skip your posts, even if they're on a thread I am not currently
reading, purely because they tend to have informational value.  People,
come on, let's not loose a valuable resource due to idleness!
> I could filter all of his messages, but Greg and others are also
> adding 3 lines to the top of a post and hitting send.
> I am not picking on one person,
> but pleeding for some moderation in the raw size of messages
> to this list.

You know, it's a shame that this isn't a newsgroup, you could kill on the
Lines header.

> Please people, I don't care what text editor you use, ed vi emacs
> edlin or dos edit, can we trim the fat?

You forgot one, Outlook/Outlook Express, that's where the "Original
message ..." comes from.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808