interesting experiment.

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Thu May 23 11:42:24 EDT 2002

On Sun, 19 May 2002, Janina Sajka wrote:

> You're saying you can get a text file about hw from Win? That's
> imporvement over the last time I tried such a thing. Do you know
> where, exactly, per chance? Perhaps I should add the datum to the
> Speakup Modified HOWTO.
>
>> The one I remember was on Control Panel \ System \ Device Manager
> something or other. But, I don't recall its output being
> accessible.

It's perfectly accessible, or at least, it is in Win98 and versions of JFW
later than 3.5.  Ok, it spouts a load of graphics at you, but it also
tells you the names of the hardware, the names of all the sections like
usb controller etc etc.  Ok, it's not a text file, but there's nothing to
stop you creating one.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808