interesting experiment.

Ann Parsons akp at eznet.net
Thu May 23 08:43:55 EDT 2002

Hi all,

Tell it like it is brother, amen, halleluia!!!

Most of this traffic in quotes is due to the increasing numbers of
Windows users on this list!  Windows mailers are notorious for
assuming that you want to quote the entire message from before.  there
is no choice, no possible solution unless you are a responsible human
being and are willing to take the five minutes to type ctrl-a and then
to hit the delete key so that all this quoted garbage goes bye-bye.

Friends, if you must learn about Linux via Windows, then please, for
God's sake, have the common courtesy to trim your messages!  I realize
that other lists where you frequent allow quoting and don't give a
damn about the ISpS disk space or the fact that people in countries
other than the U.S. pay by the byte or by the minute for their on-line
time!  However, this is a Linux list.  Most of us are using mailers
which have choices attached to them.  You can quote or not, depending
on the message.  We feel that this is a more reasonable attitude, it
forces independence and self reliance and a sense of responsibility!
So, get off your Windows soft couches and come into the real world
where people are grown up and responsible!  in short QUIT QUOTING,
NOW!!!

If this were a list at SJU and if I ran it, I'd have every single one
of you blessed quoters on review.  I wouldn't let any messages from
you go through until you'd learned your lesson.  I don't own this
list, and I dunnow if Mailman allows listowners to place posters on
review.  Wish it did!  It's amazing what a week of unposted messages
does for Windows users of lists.  They finally grow up and get the
point.  It usually takes them about a week though, they're so darned
used to Daddy Billy-Boy wiping their noses for them.

Ann P.

--
			Ann K. Parsons
email:  akp at eznet.net 			ICQ Number:  33006854