interesting experiment.

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Thu May 23 01:48:26 EDT 2002

I am asking all people who continue the "Why Windows" "Interesting experiment"
and similar threads to start trimming down their mails to the list...
I know it is simple to add 3 lines at the top and hit send,
but some of these messages are aproaching 300 lines long
and 10 k a piece.
If this  trend continues I will be forced to unsubscribe from speakup
purely due to the raw volume of quoted text that has appeared on
this list in the last 2 weeks.
Yes it all started with Teddy but it is not his fault; although
he could trim out some of the irrelevent text from the messages he
sends.
I could filter all of his messages, but Greg and others are also
adding 3 lines to the top of a post and hitting send.
I am not picking on one person,
but pleeding for some moderation in the raw size of messages
to this list.
If the size was due to important information I would understand,
but many of these messages have every comment since the beginning of hte thread
in them.
Please people, I don't care what text editor you use, ed vi emacs
edlin or dos edit, can we trim the fat?

Regards, Kerry.

--
Kerry Hoath:  kerry at gotss.net kerry at gotss.eu.org or  kerry at gotss.spice.net.au