mailing lists and mail programs

Ed Barnes edbarnes at anomaly.2y.net
Thu May 23 17:29:21 EDT 2002

Hi ann and list.
And while we're at it talking about Windows programs for email and their
drawbacks, what about all those users who choose to encode plane text
rather than sending us-ascii or iso8859-1.
I mean in all honesty it's pretty easy to turn off in a program like
Lookout Distress, then we wouldn't have to hear a message like:
Windows 1252 character set, your display is set for the us-ascii character
set, or the iso8859-1 character set, some characters may be displayed in
correctly.
If anyone cares about this and wants to turn off this useless option to
encode plane text I'd be happy to provide instructions, simply mail me off
list and I'd be happy to be of assistance.
Ed Barnes edbarnes at anomaly.2y.net