printing problem

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Sun May 19 15:00:31 EDT 2002

Hi all. After a while of putting off setting up my printer, I finallyHi
all. I finally have gotten down to the task of setting up my printer. I
have obtained an lpdomatic description file for my Deskjet400. I called
the file deskjet.desc and placed it in /usr/local/lib. I have also gotten
the lpdomatic perl script, and placed it in /usr/bin. However, when I go
to run it, it says: "Could not open printer declaration file line 146. I
have also created an entry and named the print queue lp. My printcap goes
something like this:

	lp
:lp=/dev/lp0
af=/usr/local/lib/deskjet.desc
if=/usr/bin/lpdomatic
:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
:mx#0:\
:sh:

	This looks syntactically correct, but when I do lpr -Plp
testpage.txt, I get: Connect: No such file or directory. Jobs queued, but
could not start daemon. Then when I turn the printer off and back on
again, it starts printing random characters. Anyone know how I can fix
this problem? Thanks in advance.

Gates go to hell, your OS is waiting for you there!