xwindows

Charles Crawford ccrawford at acb.org
Tue May 14 11:55:41 EDT 2002

>Hi toby and all,

         You said: "Another way to put it, if I were
>being particularly blunt, which I'm not, is r t fm.
>
>Ok, so people don't use uniform interfaces, but that's great, cos it means
>that those that don't like a certain interface have a choice."

   While I understand what you are saying, the statement only reinforces
the view of the vast majority of people who reject Linux and Unix for that
matter based upon the real difficulties of using them.

         I do not consider myself a novice at computing and I love the text
mode of Linux and it's speed, but spending inordinate amounts of time
trying to learn and use this obviously great system is a time consumer
neither I nor most other folks can aford.

         Even when I have consulted the how to docs, I have to say that
they often only sort of help.  So why is there not a tape tutorial for
Linux tht can be used by the average blind person?  Maybe that is more
needed than any other project.

-- Charlie.